25 August 2014

three seasons in one weekend - the English seaside

Sometimes you just need an extra day to recover from a busy week at work, and for me this Bank Holiday weekend was very well timed. I'm feeling pretty relaxed this evening.

Hubby and I rented a seaside house in Hastings for the weekend. It was lovely. A whole cupboard full of tea, a fridge full of New Zealand wine, and a view I could wake up to every day and never tire of. (More to come on our seaside adventure soon.)

The UK's weather has been a bit changeable recently, and this weekend was no exception. Three seasons in three days I tell you...

Hastings seaside - England
Hastings, day 1

Saturday - day 1 - we arrived at the seaside mid morning and the weather was just okay. Not hot, not cold, rather cloudy. A taste of autumn to come I think. We spent the day strolling along the promenade, exploring Hastings old town and café hopping until dusk.

Hastings seaside - England
Hastings, day 2

Sunday - day 2 - was hot, hot, hot. I'm talking about t-shirts and shorts, ice-cream and sunscreen weather! We went for a hot sweaty run, and then rewarded ourselves with a lie of the beach followed by ice-cream and cold beer.

Hastings seaside - England
Hastings, day 3

Monday - day 3 - we woke up and it was stormy outside! Rain lashing against the windows, waves crashing, wind howling. The few brave people we saw outdoors were struggling with inside out umbrellas and didn't look too happy. We decided to stay indoors with a pot of tea and some reading material. There's nothing like snuggling up inside on a day when you would normally be at work...

How was your bank holiday weekend?

14 comments:

  1. I love the seaside! I wish I could go there more often but I now live soooo far away from it! We have mountains and lakes but the ocean is at least 800km away in each direction! I love seeing pictures of it though as I feel like I can breath the salty air when I look at them! :-) Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Jana. Wow 800km from the sea, I can barely imagine it. I've always been an island girl and taken the the sea for granted I think. Mountains and lakes sound like lovely scenery tho :)

      Delete
  2. haha wow! Makes for gorgeous photos though! :) And the seaside really makes for drastic weather changes for sure! I remember going through 2 different seasons in one day alone when I was in Scotland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Camila, I tend to take far too many photos while on holiday, drives my husband nuts! Oh well, lovely to look back on.

      Delete
  3. Wow!! I always hear the UK weather can be somewhat unpredictable! Quite funny you got all seasons in one weekend! Sure does make for lovely pictures though :) I love the rain too - snuggling up and listening to it is one of my favourite things! Carly x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's rather unpredictable here! No real seasons apart from winter ;) The weekend kind of reminded me of the song... four seasons in one day...

      Delete
  4. I love the English seaside and the unpredictable weather :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. There's nothing like a stormy sea to make you feel alive :)

      Delete
  5. Haha, this is precisely what I think of when I think of the English seaside! At least you got one day of sun...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And we were thankful for that!

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a great trip.. We had a lazy weekend, I need to get to the seaside again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I go to the seaside I think 'I really must do this more often' - but then life takes over and time seems to disappear. It's totally worth the effort tho :)

      Delete
  7. Oh I do miss the seaside - although the English weather can be a bit of a let down can't it, it's like it just knows when the bank holiday is upon us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes :) Ahh think I'm just used to this weather now!

      Delete

Comments make my day. I'd love to hear your thoughts...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Analytics