5 March 2014

latest travels + afternoon tea with the Queen!

Happy mid-week Wednesday everyone.

Sorry for this very late post today – I've just literally arrived home after a week travelling in Lithuania and Latvia with my brother. We had a really interesting trip – there’s so much recent history to soak up in these two countries. Did you know that Lithuania only became independent from the Soviet Union in 1991?

I’ll be blogging all about my latest adventures over the next week or so starting Saturday - so keep an eye out.

However, my big news is while I was away I had an email from the New Zealand High Commission to let me know my application to attend the Royal Garden Party at Buckingham Palace this June has been successful. That’s right! I'm going to be rubbing shoulders with Royalty and having tea with the queen!

Queen Elizabeth

I'm super excited, and can’t quite believe my luck to be honest. What does one wear to have afternoon tea with the queen?

Hope you’re all having a great week!

6 comments:

  1. Wow!!! That's so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Couldn't believe my eyes when I got the email!!

      Delete
  2. Oh so exciting! Time to go shopping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed. I'm not too sure what one is meant to wear to such an occasion.... hopefully google will help me :)

      Delete
  3. That's amazing! Hope you have a great time - definitely an excuse to go shopping :) x

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day. I'd love to hear your thoughts...

Web Analytics